Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hibernation.

Apparently I've been in an end of winter hibernation.  Since my last post I have just stopped pretty much everything.  I've been tired and have been struggling to just get through a normal work day, going home, eating and spending a little time on the internet for my down time before I go to bed.  It's been frustrating, but I try to listen to what my body is telling me and apparently what my body needs is some sleep, dammit   Very little knitting has been done, much less anything else.

Now that the days are getting warmer, I am hoping to pull out of this hibernation that I've found myself in.  The last few weeks I have been pining for spring more than other years.  The time that I've spent online has mostly been spent looking at gardening and seed websites.  Garden ideas, plant lists, composting, walkways, the list goes on and on.  I have very big, grand dreams for my garden and yard this year.  I haven't been able to give my yard and garden the love that I've wanted to the last four years since I have only been here for a few weekends a month, sometimes hardly at all.  Everything was put on the back burner, and now it is all ready to come boiling out.  Each day I monitor how much snow has melted, how much ice has melted and how much more of my yard that I can see again.  It's been a very long winter, I'm still knee deep in snow in most places, but I'm starting to see rings of grass around trees, lines of grass along fences.

Common, spring!  I just want to dig in the dirt and grow stuff!

No comments: