Sunday, February 10, 2013

Snow Day.



I am going to say something that most people look at me like I'm crazy when I say it.

I love snow.  Snow.  Snow. Snow. Snow. Snow.  I love snow.

There, it is out in the open.  

Light snow, heavy snow.  Blowing snow, dancing snow.  Huge fluffy flakes, little tiny crystals.  

If it were possible marry snow, snow and I would be on our 40th wedding anniversary.

While a lot of people mutter and grumble about snow, I take child like delight in it.  I love waking up in the morning to the world around me covered in a beautiful white blanket.  Watching snow flakes fall, big or small, makes me grin ear to ear.  Shoveling snow?  Love that, too.  Just found out recently, my father loves to shovel snow as well.  I'll even go out multiple times during the day to shovel again even though I know it's just going to need to be done again because it's still snowing.  Just because I enjoy doing it so much.






Every snow day is a treat for me.  Even if I wasn't scheduled to work, I feel like I'm playing hooky.   I sit with a hot cup of coffee and my knitting or laptop near a window that I can look out at the snow as it falls and blows around.  I don't think my love affair with snow will ever end, no matter how many people in my life may grumble or mutter about it.  

I thought that we were pretty much done with major snow falls for the season and the rest of winter would be light dustings of snow.  This morning I woke up to a treat.  It had started snowing in the middle of the night and my entire world had a beautiful fresh covering of snow.  All day long I've been going window to window like a cat to look out at the snow falling down.  All plans were cancelled, driving conditions are terrible and there was no way to make it where I needed to go.  There was happy shout of joy inside of me when I was on the phone mother and she told me that no one was able to make it today and we would make plans for another day.  As much as I was looking forward to the plans we had today, the cancellation made it an official snow day for me and I was now free to revel in the snow.




Now, I'm going to go and enjoy my present.

2 comments:

JennaKate said...

So happy to hear you say that! I feel the same way about snow, and I'm really enjoying the day too! Have a wonderful one :)

Jenifgrr said...

Now I know who to call when I need someone to play in the snow with me! :)