Thursday, February 28, 2013

Yarn Along: Finished!

Up On Top boot toppers are complete!  Woot!  I'm going to see my sister this weekend and made myself stop procrastinating finishing them this week so I could give them to her.




Now I just need to get going on that felting business that I've been procrastinating.  Hrmm.

I've found myself in a weird spot.  I'm not sure what to cast on next.  Crazy, right?  I have bunch of things in Ravelry queue and favorites, but since I'm still getting back up on my feet since the job change I've been trying to not buy yarn and use the yarn that's in my stash.  What I really want to cast on is this.  A hoodie and a cowl?  Sign me up!  I think it looks adorable and could really help me in my quest for finding a knit hat that I would actually wear and looks good on me.  I know, technically not a hat.  But it would keep my head warm in the winter and I would totally wear a hoodie!  Unfortunately, I do not have the necessary yarn and need to decide if I buy some yarn or cast on something else that I actually have the yarn for. 

I also have been itching to cast on a sweater.  I've gotten some great recommendations, however, again I would need to purchase yarn.  If I'm debating if I have enough extra cash to buy yarn for the Portland Hoodie Cowl, I certainly don't have enough extra cash for a sweaters worth of yarn.  My mom tipped me off to a yarn sale that's happening this weekend, I may just go and see what they have and if they have what I would want to used for the hoodie cowl, may just end up purchasing yarn for it.  We'll see.

No comments: